This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: ia64: replace zxt4 with addp6
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Jan Beulich <JBeulich at novell dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 14:38:43 -0800
- Subject: Re: ia64: replace zxt4 with addp6
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 03:10:10PM +0100, Jan Beulich wrote:
> This replaces zxt4, which can only be executed on I-units, by addp4
> (usable on both I- and M-units), allowing tighter code to be generated.
> +(define_insn "*shladdp4_internal"
> + [(set (match_operand:DI 0 "gr_register_operand" "=r")
> + (and:DI (ashift:DI (match_operand:DI 1 "gr_register_operand"
> + (match_operand:DI 2 "const_int_operand"
> + (match_operand:DI 3 "const_int_operand" "n")))]
> + "EXTRA_CONSTRAINT (operands, 'R')
I would prefer that you create a shladd_log2_operand for this.
But otherwise this is a nice improvement as well.