This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: libcpp buffer management
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org Patches" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 22:53:36 -0500
- Subject: Re: libcpp buffer management
- References: <A988599D-0945-46CE-9411-0AFD7FA92E97@apple.com>
On Jan 6, 2005, at 10:47 PM, Mike Stump wrote:
Here is a small one for libcppp. The idea is that we should invalidate
the buffer by setting buffer_valid to false when we deallocate the
buffer when we pop it.
I know this appears obvious, but I wanted to make sure there isn't
something non-obvious that I was missing.
Yes this was rejected once before
See <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2004-12/msg00344.html> which
is the exactly same patch.
The original problem was fixed a different way though
see <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2004-12/msg00604.html> for the
patch which fixed the original problem.