This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH]: Fix java failure and ada bootstrap failure
- From: ja2morri at csclub dot uwaterloo dot ca (James A. Morrison)
- To: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 06 Jan 2005 11:56:14 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH]: Fix java failure and ada bootstrap failure
- References: <10501061550.AA07801@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
firstname.lastname@example.org (Richard Kenner) writes:
> A nice workaround for now would be either the patch by Michael
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2004-12/msg00576.html or the patch
> by me http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2004-12/msg00166.html so that
> the ACATS tests timeout at some point.
> I don't mind killing the test manually, but it's now one of only about four
> still-broken ACATS tests and it would be really nice to fix them before
> the release.
Yes, fixing them is a very good thing. However, that doesn't mean that
tests that take to long to run shouldn't be killed automatically.