This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] AAPCS complex value return [csl-arm-branch]
- From: Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Julian Brown <julian at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 18:45:08 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] AAPCS complex value return [csl-arm-branch]
- Organization: CodeSourcery
- References: <41DC296C.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wednesday 05 January 2005 17:52, Julian Brown wrote:
> This patch alters the ABI for functions returning complex values to
> conform with the ARM AAPCS. Previously, multi-word complex values were
> returned in registers. With this patch they are treated the same as
> multi-word aggregates, i.e. they are returned in memory at an address
> passed in through r0.
When submitting patches you should also state which target(s) you tested, and
provide a ChangeLog entry, something like:
2004-01-05 Julian Brown <email@example.com>
* config/arm/arm.c (arm_return_in_memory): Treat complex types
as aggregates for AAPCS ABIs.