This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PR/18308: ice-on-valid because of non-GIMPLE
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, law at redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 03:51:22 -0500
- Subject: Re: PR/18308: ice-on-valid because of non-GIMPLE
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com> <41D27969.firstname.lastname@example.org> <DD8A7DBC-5A0E-11D9-B498-000393A91CAA@apple.com> <email@example.com> <41DA51C0.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Jan 4, 2005, at 3:20 AM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
It looks like phiopt is essentially a fold() on COND_EXPRs that
if-conversion produces, and that could expose more optimization
IIRC someone actually reimplemented phiopt using fold :-) It's on
the list of things to examine once we start looking at 4.1 stuff.
It is on my to-do list to see at what Andrew Pinski changed for phiopt
in tcb, and adapt my patch to those changes.
It is also on my TODO list to look over your patch and figure out if
is anything to be done.