This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PR/18308: ice-on-valid because of non-GIMPLE
- From: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>
- To: law at redhat dot com
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 09:20:16 +0100
- Subject: Re: PR/18308: ice-on-valid because of non-GIMPLE
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> <41D27969.email@example.com> <DD8A7DBC-5A0E-11D9-B498-000393A91CAA@apple.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
It looks like phiopt is essentially a fold() on COND_EXPRs that
if-conversion produces, and that could expose more optimization
IIRC someone actually reimplemented phiopt using fold :-) It's on
the list of things to examine once we start looking at 4.1 stuff.
It is on my to-do list to see at what Andrew Pinski changed for phiopt
in tcb, and adapt my patch to those changes.