This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] PR19100: truthvalue_conversion vs. TREE_OVERFLOW (take 3)
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: joseph at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 3 Jan 05 19:07:14 EST
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR19100: truthvalue_conversion vs. TREE_OVERFLOW (take 3)
I don't think there's presently adequate testsuite coverage for the
diagnostics for overflow in implicit constant conversions. (There isn't
*any* coverage for the diagnostics for overflow in arithmetic,
Well, the Ada ACATS provides *some* coverage in that area, but not a whole
lot since the majority (but not all!) of such cases are detected either purely
within the Ada part of the front end or at run time.