This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++ PATCH] [PR19163] Fix attribute aligned on dependent arraytypes
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at suse dot de>
- Cc: Giovanni Bajo <giovannibajo at libero dot it>, Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 14:06:29 -0800
- Subject: Re: [C++ PATCH] [PR19163] Fix attribute aligned on dependent arraytypes
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <022201c4ec60$62d4b820$394e2597@bagio> <20041227225753.GC5386@redhat.com> <031101c4ecc7$b1c21470$394e2597@bagio> <41D9A1B1.firstname.lastname@example.org> <41D9C06C.email@example.com>
Paolo Carlini wrote:
Mark Mitchell wrote:
What we really want is a mechanism for storing up attributes on
template declarations and applying them (perhaps after substitution)
to template instantiations. I'm not sure that anything short of that
solution makes sense.
Mark, being the submitter of the PR, thanks in any case for your
interest in the issue, which, I believe, is of much more general
importance than just tr1.
I'm sure that's true. There's no question that this is a bug; I'm just
nervous about how exactly to fix it.