This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR target/16304: AIX 4.x forward reference proble
- From: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- To: mark at codesourcery dot com (Mark Mitchell)
- Cc: dje at watson dot ibm dot com, china at thewrittenword dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 14:08:55 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR target/16304: AIX 4.x forward reference proble
> I think it's perfectly reasonable to get binutils working with various
> systems. (In fact, I recently took the point of view that it might not
> be worth worrying about supporting Sun's assembler with GCC on Solaris
> 10, given that GAS works.) I'd imagine that David would be happy to
> have people use GAS on AIX 4.3, provided that it works well.
Hmmm, maybe for 4.1 I'll remove support for the HP assembler from the
J. David Anglin firstname.lastname@example.org
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)