This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFC/Patch for PR fortran/17675
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
- To: Toon Moene <toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org,sje at cup dot hp dot com,fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 01:18:20 +0100
- Subject: Re: RFC/Patch for PR fortran/17675
- References: <200412210034.QAA23042@hpsje.cup.hp.com> <28788957.1103664946726.JavaMail.firstname.lastname@example.org> <41D01A4C.email@example.com>
> > I still don't understand how such a problem could have remained
> > unaddressed for so long.
> Well, that's pretty simple. All people working on the Fortran front end
> are volunteers (even if they are paid to work on *other* parts of GCC).
Yes, I know, likewise for almost everyone working on the FSF compiler.
> We can't guarantee delivery or timely fixing of bugs.
Indeed. But I was under the impression you Fortran folks were chasing little
bugs on x86 lately, while this big regression was plaguing the RISC world.