This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [committed] Fix PR pch/14940 on hppa hpux and linux
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: John David Anglin <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 17:21:31 -0500
- Subject: Re: [committed] Fix PR pch/14940 on hppa hpux and linux
- References: <200411300325.iAU3PPci028297@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca>
On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 10:25:25PM -0500, John David Anglin wrote:
> The following change fixes the pch failures including largefile.c
> under hppa hpux11.11 and hppa-linux.
> There doesn't seem to be any way to map to a consistent start address
> on hppa-linux using MAP_PRIVATE. According the the PA-RISC kernel
> team, this is due to the strict aliasing requirements of the PA-RISC
> hardware. Thus, I adopted a brute force fix of doing an anonymous
> MAP_PRIVATE and copying the data to this mapping. This still requires
> picking a suitable spot. It's also necessary to pick a good spot
> on hppa64-hpux as default kernel placement stills fails largefile.c.
> It allocates from top down and the default placement is too high for
> some unknown reason in the largefile.c test.
You can't even map file data at an arbitrary offset using MAP_FIXED, I