This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [autovect]: Handle indirect_refs in compute_data_dependence_for_loop, add a few more simple dependence tests, and trakc dependence stats
- From: Sebastian Pop <sebastian dot pop at cri dot ensmp dot fr>
- To: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, dorit at il dot ibm dot com
- Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 17:56:43 +0100
- Subject: Re: [autovect]: Handle indirect_refs in compute_data_dependence_for_loop, add a few more simple dependence tests, and trakc dependence stats
- References: <email@example.com>
On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 11:06:47AM -0500, Daniel Berlin wrote:
> 2004-11-29 Daniel Berlin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * tree-data-ref.c (dependence_stats): New structure.
> (analyze_indirect_ref): New function.
> (analyze_ziv_subscript): Track ziv tests using dependence_stats.
> (get_number_of_iters_for_loop): New function.
> Replace repeated idiom to get number of real/estimated iterations
> in loop with this function.
> (analyze_siv_subscript_cst_affine): Track siv stats using
> No dependence exists if first overlap is outside of the loop.
> (analyze_subscript_affine_affine): No dependence exists if first
> overlap of either variable is outside of the loop.
> (analyze_siv_subscript): Track siv stats using dependence_stats.
> (analyze_miv_subscript): Ditto for miv.
> (analyze_overlapping_iterations): Track total number of tests
> using dependence_stats.
> (compute_affine_dependence): Print out failing reference if affine
> test is unusable.
> (find_data_references_in_loop): Rewrite to handle indirect_ref as
> well using analyze_indirect_ref.
> (compute_data_dependences_for_loop): Initialize stats structure,
> print out stats if request.
I like that patch.
Dorit, do I have super powers on this branch? ;-)