This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: fix rtl-opt/15289, part 1
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: rth at redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 30 Nov 04 08:23:15 EST
- Subject: Re: fix rtl-opt/15289, part 1
Hmm. I suppose it should be fairly easy to generate a test case for this.
It was at the time, as I recall, but I can't think now what it was.
I don't even remember what language it was in, since I can't think offhand
of how to get a RECORD_TYPE type to be in alias set 0 in any language.
Well, supposing that we do discover that it is still needed, then I think
the test should go somewhere else. Some place not named can_address_p
and more named get_alias_set_for_reference or something.
Or perhaps rename can_address_p to the latter because it's only used in
three places outside itself and that's indeed what it means.