This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Properly handle VIEW_CONVERT_EXPR in LHS (fixes 4.5 ACATS tests)
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: rth at redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 29 Nov 04 21:46:22 EST
- Subject: Re: Properly handle VIEW_CONVERT_EXPR in LHS (fixes 4.5 ACATS tests)
The point being, that *if* you were going to be adding any code to
view convert one constant into another constant, fold would be the
place to do it.
Indeed. Might as well put the fold there.
VARYING. We know what the value is, and it isn't CONSTANT.
OK, like the code right below.