This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [BENCH] Improvements to popping x87 stack in reg-stack.c
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Uros Bizjak <uros at kss-loka dot si>
- Cc: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 18:10:09 -0800
- Subject: Re: [BENCH] Improvements to popping x87 stack in reg-stack.c
- References: <41AADBDD.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 09:20:45AM +0100, Uros Bizjak wrote:
> There is a recommendation in Agner Fog's Pentium optimization guide,
> that double pop can be implemented using fcompp instruction
> (pentopt.pdf, page 126, section 19.1).
I would be shocked if this applies to P4 or Athlon,
and surprised if it still applied to P3.