This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: patch: reject incompatible classes in simplify_subreg
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 15:48:58 -0800
- Subject: Re: patch: reject incompatible classes in simplify_subreg
- References: <20041104193639.GA19349@redhat.com>
On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 03:36:39PM -0400, Aldy Hernandez wrote:
> * simplify-rtx.c (simplify_subreg): Reject class incompatability,
> and avoid making invalid subregs.
This *should* be redundant with the validate_subreg check later.
Do you have a test case that denies this? Remember that we *do*
currently allow (subreg:SI (reg:DF) 0) for a 32-bit target...