This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Properly fold ARRAY_REF in expand_expr
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: rth at redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 28 Nov 04 19:30:07 EST
- Subject: Re: Properly fold ARRAY_REF in expand_expr
I guess this is ok. But really, is there any need for this kind
of optimization during expansion anyway? Why wouldn't this be
done in fold, for instance?
This code is ancient, but I think the reason it isn't done in fold is in case
the address is taken. This could well be irrelevant at this point.