This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Obscure inline/nesting interaction (ACATS c61008a)
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 13:56:09 -0800
- Subject: Re: Obscure inline/nesting interaction (ACATS c61008a)
- References: <10411281453.AA22196@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Sun, Nov 28, 2004 at 09:53:36AM -0500, Richard Kenner wrote:
> The two of us discussed this a while back and I think this is what we
> came up with. The comments I added explain the issue.
> As I imply in the comments, I'm not thrilled with this solution, but don't
> see a better one. Do you?
It's not what I suggested. I suggested that the inliner add
VIEW_CONVERT_EXPRs as necessary to force type matchup at the
interface point between the two routines.
I suppose I'm willing to go with this solution if you don't
have time to look at the other method; after all, this will
basically only affect Ada. But I would like the comments
updated to indicate that V_C_E is a potential solution.