This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [BENCHMARK]-mfpmath=sse should disable x387 intrinsics
- From: Uros Bizjak <uros at kss-loka dot si>
- To: Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 14:45:20 +0100
- Subject: Re: [BENCHMARK]-mfpmath=sse should disable x387 intrinsics
- References: <41A5A363.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Richard Guenther wrote:
Yes, Roger's patch is a good thing, and should stay in. Previously, you
didn't have any switch available to turn i387 intrinsics off.
For me, specifying -mfpmath=sse,387 is 4% slower than -mfpmath=sse. I gues
that 387 does not only enable 387 intrinsics but also all other
I would prefer the -mfpmath=sse behavior _not_ to be changed for ia32.
BTW: Did you add "-D __NO_MATH_INLINES" to compile parameters when
compiling your application?