This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Solaris x86 patch to disable ".version"
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 10:22:42 -0800
- Subject: Re: Solaris x86 patch to disable ".version"
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
Joseph S. Myers wrote:
Solaris on x86, both Solaris 10 and earlier versions, does not need
".version" notes. This patch disables them.
Bootstrapped with no regressions on i386-pc-solaris2.10. OK to
Yes, this is OK. (The notes emitted by binutils aren't even correct,
but that's a separate issue.)