This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: i386 patch to add SUBTARGET_OPTIMIZATION_OPTIONS
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 17:18:48 -0800
- Subject: Re: i386 patch to add SUBTARGET_OPTIMIZATION_OPTIONS
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 05:23:24PM +0000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> ... and makes Solaris 10 use this
> feature so that -momit-leaf-frame-pointer is only the default at -O1
> and above. This yields better debuggability of unoptimised binaries
> and better GDB testsuite results.
Is there anything specific about Solaris that makes this true?