This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix GC problem with complex types
- From: Geoffrey Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 23 Nov 2004 14:02:14 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix GC problem with complex types
- References: <6BAF13D0-3CF7-11D9-AEB4-000A95D692F4@physics.uc.edu>
Andrew Pinski <email@example.com> writes:
> We are GCing some complex types which we still have reference to.
> The problem is the the variable which stores last vector type is not
> marked with GTY, this fixes the problem. The reason why I also marked
> the int as GTY is because if we don't we could have a possible PCH
> problem but I did not test that patch at all.
> OK? Bootstrapped and tested on ppc-darwin with no regressions.
This is OK, even if it doesn't really fix the problem it's surely a
step in the right direction. Yes, it's necessary or at least helpful
to mark the 'int' with the GTY.
> Andrew Pinski
> * tree-complex.c (vector_inner_type): New variable moved from
> (vector_last_type): Likewise.
> (vector_last_nunits): Likewise.