This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix GC problem with complex types
- From: Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 10:25:03 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix GC problem with complex types
- References: <6BAF13D0-3CF7-11D9-AEB4-000A95D692F4@physics.uc.edu>
On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 09:28:54PM -0500, Andrew Pinski wrote:
> We are GCing some complex types which we still have reference to.
> The problem is the the variable which stores last vector type is not
> marked with GTY, this fixes the problem. The reason why I also marked
> the int as GTY is because if we don't we could have a possible PCH
> problem but I did not test that patch at all.
> OK? Bootstrapped and tested on ppc-darwin with no regressions.
I tried this with my original testcase on powerpc-linux and it still
segfaults, then tried it with the small testcase from the PR with ggc
params to force frequent garbage collection and that fails.