This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++ PATCH] Fix friend class name lookup part 3/n (PR3332)
- From: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Kriang Lerdsuwanakij <lerdsuwa at users dot sourceforge dot net>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:13:55 +0000
- Subject: Re: [C++ PATCH] Fix friend class name lookup part 3/n (PR3332)
- Organization: Codesourcery LLC
- References: <419CD49E.email@example.com> <41A37653.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Nathan Sidwell wrote:
This looks ok. I presume that we could migtate push_scope & pop_scope to
use this new interface, and remove the OUTER param from push_inner_scope
(it's always current_scope (), right?).
I'd like to run this by Mark, just to make sure.
I've discussed this with Mark, and he noticed you've replaced a
push_decl_namespace call with push_namespace (DECL_NAME (...)), which
forces us to do name lookup. Mark suggests that what is wanted here is
+ push_namespace (DECL_NAME (inner));
+ /* Restore template parameter scopes. */
resume_scope (NAMESPACE_LEVEL (inner))
current_namespace = inner
which looks good to me. Could you verify that that works, and if so
check the patch in. Thanks.
Nathan Sidwell :: http://www.codesourcery.com :: CodeSourcery LLC
email@example.com :: http://www.planetfall.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk