This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Extend mode macros
- From: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Richard Sandiford <rsandifo at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>,Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 14:03:44 +0000
- Subject: Re: Extend mode macros
- Organization: Codesourcery LLC
- References: <41A30B3D.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Richard Sandiford wrote:
Nathan Sidwell <email@example.com> writes:
I don't know, Aldy?
But why do they need to have different constants? It looks from your
example altivec.md patch like they're doing the same thing conceptually,
but with different sizes, so why not use a single constant for them all?
recog checks both the mode and the constant so there's not going to be
FWIW, mips.md has several examples of this.
Not that I'm objecting to an extension to the reader. It's just that it
doesn't look like stage3 material to me, and the example from altivec.md
looks like something you can clean up with the existing framework.
Nathan Sidwell :: http://www.codesourcery.com :: CodeSourcery LLC
firstname.lastname@example.org :: http://www.planetfall.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk