This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Bug tree-optimization/15524] [4.0 Regression] jump threadingon trees is slow with switch statements with large # of cases
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-bugzilla at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 13:39:17 -0700
- Subject: Re: [Bug tree-optimization/15524] [4.0 Regression] jump threadingon trees is slow with switch statements with large # of cases
- Organization: Red Hat, Inc
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
On Sat, 2004-11-20 at 21:33 +0100, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> > [ Yes, I got the message regarding the bootstrap comparison failure
> > on darwin. I'm going to try and reproduce it on a relatively old
> > PPC box here. It'll take quite some time though. I do plan on
> > flushing out one more patch while my PPC bootstrap is running. ]
> There are problems on x86_64, SPARC, PowerPC and i686, see the PR.
I haven't seen the comparison failure on i686 -- if I had I never
would have checked in the patch. PPC is the only other kind of box
I have here locally.
There's some other approaches I can (and will) try while the PPC
box is doing its thing.