This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RFA: Update xstormy16's combinebnp() function for new insnsequences
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: geoffk at apple dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 11:54:23 +0000
- Subject: RFA: Update xstormy16's combinebnp() function for new insnsequences
Here is another xstormy16 patch for your consideration. It updates
the combinebnp() function in the xstormy16 backend so that it can
catch some new sequences of insns that GCC might generate.
Specifically GCC will now sometimes produce:
(set (reg:HI) (zero_extend:HI (mem:QI (const_int))))
(set (reg:HI) (lshiftrt:HI (reg:HI) (const_int)))
(set (reg:HI) (and:HI (reg:HI) (const_int 1)))
(set (pc) (if_then_else (eq:HI (reg:HI) (const_int 0)) (label_ref 51) (pc)))
ie with a zero-extend to convert the QI load into an HI value, and
sometimes with an LSHIFTRT of the HI value before performing the
The patch also replaces a few uses of XEXP(....) in the function
with either SET_DEST() or SET_SRC(), as appropriate.
I have tested this patch with Sanyo's optimisation test suite and
with the gcc testsuite and found no regressions.
May I apply the patch please ?
2004-11-17 Nick Clifton <email@example.com>
* config/stormy16/stormy16.c (combine_bnp): Add code to handle
zero_extension and lshiftrt insns.
Replace uses of XEXP(...) with either SET_DEST() or SET_SRC()
* config/stormy16.stormy16.md (bclrx3, bsetx3): New patterns
to handle bp and bn insn patterns with a zero_extend rtx