This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Set TARGET_ASM_FILE_END for m32r-linux
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Kazuhiro Inaoka <inaoka dot kazuhiro at renesas dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 10:49:15 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Set TARGET_ASM_FILE_END for m32r-linux
- References: <419ADB81.firstname.lastname@example.org> <419AEE47.email@example.com>
When I used the following patch, .note.GNU-stack section is
I want to create the section only using trampoline.
Do you have a small example that demonstrates this ? I tried to compile
a simple "hello world" program using a toolchain built from todays
mainline sources and I did not see a .note.GNU-stack section.
It seems that the trampolines_created (in varasm.c) variable
is not iniliatized at 0.
Since trampolines_created is declared at the file-scope it has static
storage duration and will be initialised to zero by the startup code.