This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch to remove fixes that just wrap with #ifndef
- From: Bruce Korb <bkorb at veritas dot com>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, bkorb at gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 07:53:21 -0800
- Subject: Re: Patch to remove fixes that just wrap with #ifndef
- Organization: Home
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
"Joseph S. Myers" wrote:
> Fixincludes fixes that just add #ifndef about some definition that may
> be in more than one header are unnecessary since duplicate macro
> definitions, even with different values, are allowed in system headers
> and if some definition is actually wrong there's just as much case for
> fixing it with or without the #ifndef. This patch removes such fixes
> which just add #ifndef.
Does the same logic apply to the 3.x sources?
(The fewer fixes the better ....:) - Bruce