This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: static vars analysis added to tree-profiling branch.
- From: Kenneth Zadeck <zadeck at naturalbridge dot com>
- To: Steven Bosscher <stevenb at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>,Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>,Stuart Hastings <stuart at apple dot com>,"Berlin, Daniel" <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 09:30:06 -0500
- Subject: Re: static vars analysis added to tree-profiling branch.
- References: <418FC6AE.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
There is a call to walk_tree inside of analyze_function that needs to be
rewritten because it expects high gimple. It needs to be wrapped in a
loop over the basic blocks.
This will cause you to miss a bunch of side effects that in turn will
cause you to generate bad code for clobbers.
Steven Bosscher wrote:
On Monday 08 November 2004 20:19, Kenneth Zadeck wrote:
This code has been tested on i686-linux and power-pc-darwin.
This patch was approved by Jan and has been checked in by me.
This also breaks the cfg inliner again somehow. Something is
Honza, when I have it working again I'm going to commit it. I'm
pretty sick of spending more time on fixing things that break
than on finally doing the cleanups I want to do.