This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Testsuite patch for Solaris 10
- From: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, mark at codesourcery dot com
- Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 14:23:10 -0800
- Subject: Re: Testsuite patch for Solaris 10
On Friday, November 12, 2004, at 02:04 PM, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
It's not clear to me that embedding pieces of TCL code syntax in
individual tests [ ... ] is an improvement. It seems desirable for
the test format to be seen as a specification independent of
implementation language - which might, for example, be used with
QMTest's DejaGnu emulation, not just with the
particular current harness.
I strongly agree. The flexibility to swap out dejagnu/tcl, is an
important design point. When possible, I think it is good to keep
tests clean of tcl bits.