This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: patterns for HImode with predec/preinc on ARM
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Nicolas Pitre <nico at cam dot org>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 09:58:56 +0000
- Subject: Re: patterns for HImode with predec/preinc on ARM
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 21:23, Nicolas Pitre wrote:
> This patch adds HImode with predec/preinc and writeback addressing for
> ARM. This is particularly useful to have with some audio processing
> algorithms for example. Currently there are patterns for SImode and
> QImode but HImode were missing. Asking permission to commit.
> [date] Nicolas Pitre <email@example.com>
> * config/arm/arm.md (strhi_preinc, strhi_predec, loadhi_preinc,
> loadhi_predec, loadhisi_preinc, loadhisi_predec): New patterns.
I'd rather not. There shouldn't be any need for special patterns for
these sorts of cases now that the compiler knows about pre/post_modify.
Instead you should check that arm_legitimate_address accepts these cases
and handle them there.