This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Your patch for PR 17520
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: mark at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 10 Nov 04 17:28:50 EST
- Subject: Re: Your patch for PR 17520
I find the existing check for element_size being non-NULL, and the new
check you added that it is an INTEGER_CST to be odd. Can we really have
an array whose elements are not of a constant size? I didn't think that
was allowed even in C99. I'm not sure about other languages, or how
they are supposed to simplify things before the middle-end sees that.
It's common in Ada for a single array and in other languages for
multi-dimensional arrays. I have those additional tests in my tree,
too as a fix for an ACATS test, so they are needed. I agree that
testing for null is odd.