This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc corrections for better pie support
- From: "Peter S. Mazinger" <ps dot m at gmx dot net>
- To: Richard Sandiford <rsandifo at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Thiemo Seufer <ica2_ts at csv dot ica dot uni-stuttgart dot de>,Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 15:30:16 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: gcc corrections for better pie support
On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Richard Sandiford wrote:
> "Peter S. Mazinger" <email@example.com> writes:
> > like the attached?
> Yep, looks good to me, thanks. It'll obviously need to be tested
> before being applied: let me know what sort of testing you've done.
I am doing a complete system rebuild based on uclibc w/ a "modified" gcc ,
that builds everything PIE and SSP (propolice protection) (as I said,
the PIE test can't be done on glibc).
If interested on the result, I'll report back.
I will use this mips-pic patch on the complete rebuild.
My first target for gcc is to get the PIE stuff for at least 6/7 archs
cleaned up, understandable and correct. PIC had to be done first.
The second target is to shorten specs (c99?)
Peter S. Mazinger <ps dot m at gmx dot net> ID: 0xA5F059F2
Key fingerprint = 92A4 31E1 56BC 3D5A 2D08 BB6E C389 975E A5F0 59F2