This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] libffi support for CRIS
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- To: Simon Posnjak <simon dot posnjak at siol dot net>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, green at redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 18:53:33 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] libffi support for CRIS
- References: <email@example.com> <Pine.BSF.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <Pine.BSF.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <Pine.BSF.firstname.lastname@example.org><email@example.com>
On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, Simon Posnjak wrote:
> V sob, 06.11.2004 ob 18:48 je Hans-Peter Nilsson napisal(a):
> > > > Don't you mean initialize_aggregate_packed_struct here?
> > > No, thats correct - this one works on aligned parameters, not packed.
> > What do you mean by that? The return value doesn't have any
> > different layout than parameters; it's "packed" too. I see no
> > reason to not call initialize_aggregate_packed_struct there.
> There was a reason why I left that in, but i can not recall what it was.
That's a good hint that a comment is needed there, whatever the
call should be. (SCNR.)
> Does the ffitest (or the test-suite) work if you comment it out? [I
> would try it myself but i really do not have the time to do it right
I haven't run it, but I will not commit anything without running
whatever testsuite there is.
Now we wait for a say from the libffi maintainers regarding the
modifications to the target-independent files.