This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR 18299, ICE in gimple-lower.c
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org Patches" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 11:52:02 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR 18299, ICE in gimple-lower.c
- References: <B97C6CEE-31BE-11D9-9E21-000A95D692F4@physics.uc.edu>
Andrew Pinski <email@example.com> writes:
> The problem is that we changing a MODIFY_EXPR, "t = t" into the DECL
> "t" which is no longer gimple and so we get an ICE in gimple-lower
> saying that a VAR_DECL is not handled. This patch changes the tree
> inliner to create a empty statement instead of putting the DECL
> into the instruction stream.
> OK? Bootstrapped and tested on ppc-darwin with no regressions.
> Andrew Pinski
> * tree-inline.c (copy_body_r): Change "t = t" to empty
> statement instead of "t".
OK. Don't forget to add a test case.