This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] tree-if-conv.c: Remove two "if" statements that alwaystrigger.
- From: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Kazu Hirata <kazu at cs dot umass dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 09:27:19 +0000
- Subject: Re: [patch] tree-if-conv.c: Remove two "if" statements that alwaystrigger.
- Organization: Codesourcery LLC
- References: <email@example.com>
Kazu Hirata wrote:
Attached is a patch to remove two "if" statements that always trigger.
tree_if_convert_cond_expr receives a COND_EXPR as an argument. Since
this COND_EXPR is a statement and not the one appearing as the rhs of
a MODIFY_EXPR, each arm of COND_EXPR always has a GOTO_EXPR.
In tree_if_convert_cond_expr's terms, then_clause and else_clause
always have GOTO_EXPR, so we don't need two "if" statements
Can you put gcc_asserts in their place please?
Nathan Sidwell :: http://www.codesourcery.com :: CodeSourcery LLC
firstname.lastname@example.org :: http://www.planetfall.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk