This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] tree-cfg.c: Speed up thread_jumps.
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: Kazu Hirata <kazu at cs dot umass dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 00:03:52 -0500
- Subject: Re: [patch] tree-cfg.c: Speed up thread_jumps.
- References: <email@example.com>
On Nov 7, 2004, at 11:59 PM, Kazu Hirata wrote:
Attached is a patch to speed up thread_jumps by keeping a pointer to
the last used element in the worklist.
This trick is used in cfganal.c:find_unreachable_blocks as well.
Note that we get to keep one fewer variables in innermost loops.
Should IVopts do this for us? Can you file a bug for this optimization
since it seems like it should be doing it.