This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: improve unaligned loads with no special insns
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
- Cc: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 13:16:51 -0500
- Subject: Re: improve unaligned loads with no special insns
- References: <20041106001345.GA23308@redhat.com> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 10:33:36AM +0100, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> Right, 6 less insns on SPARC 64-bit at -O2.
> > Tested on ia64, alpha and x86 linux.
> It could have been nice to test on big-endian, because the new function emits
> wrong code there. Testcase attached.
Yeah, e.g. unwind-dw2-fde-glibc.o is miscompiled on ppc64, so the vast
majority of C++ tests that ever do something with exception handling now