This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: improve unaligned loads with no special insns
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 11:46:39 -0800
- Subject: Re: improve unaligned loads with no special insns
- References: <10411060330.AA19307@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 10:30:25PM -0500, Richard Kenner wrote:
> + mark_reg_pointer (a1, m_bitsize);
> + v1 = gen_rtx_MEM (mode, a1);
> + set_mem_align (v1, m_bitsize);
> Because you're only going to be looking at the part relevant for the field,
> can't you set MEM_ALIAS_SET and perhaps even MEM_EXPR accordingly?
No. For the same reason that Alpha AND addresses can't.