This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: Fix libcpp configury/portability issue
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 09:14:55 -0800
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Fix libcpp configury/portability issue
- References: <Pine.BSF.email@example.com><firstname.lastname@example.org><Pine.BSF.email@example.com><firstname.lastname@example.org><Pine.BSF.email@example.com><firstname.lastname@example.org><Pine.BSF.email@example.com><firstname.lastname@example.org><Pine.BSF.email@example.com>
Gerald Pfeifer <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>>> Definitely. This is a complete and utter mess: two config.h files
>>> plus auto-host.h, all containing definitions of HAVE_ICONV and
>>> HAVE_ICONV_H (though not all have both and the latter even is not
>>> consistent) is a software engineering nightmare.
>> I think maybe we should do with iconv.h what we already do with
>> libintl - have the intl directory determine the answer, and everyone
>> else just defers to that.
> That seems like an excellent plan. Will you be able to work on that
> for 4.0?
I'll see if I can find the time. Could you file a PR and assign it to
me so I don't forget?
> For now, okay to commit the following patch, which is based on your
> suggestions and passed bootstrap on i386-unknown-freesbsd4.10 as well
> as i386-pc-linux-gnu?
Yes, this is OK.