This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: PR other/17783: Top level configure doesn't support shared libraries enabled by default
- From: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Joe Buck <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot COM>, Geert Bosch <bosch at gnat dot com>,Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>,gcc mailing list <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 09:09:45 -0800
- Subject: Re: PATCH: PR other/17783: Top level configure doesn't support shared libraries enabled by default
- References: <75F041F6-2BC9-11D9-8250-000A95D692F4@physics.uc.edu> <B1785B27-2C1E-11D9-B4B0-000A959A128E@gnat.com> <20041101163339.GA5030@lucon.org> <418722CB.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20041102175109.GA27332@lucon.org> <20041102181257.GA28078@lucon.org> <418806C5.email@example.com> <20041103102048.A13503@synopsys.com> <20041103131357.A10344@synopsys.com> <4189B5D7.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 08:53:43PM -0800, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> Joe Buck wrote:
> >I wrote:
> >>I just started a test of HJ's patch, applied to the first release
> >>candidate you sent out, on a Red Hat AW2.1 ia64 system, which appears
> >>to be a system without system libunwind. This was the one I reported
> >>failing before.
> >The compiler has built and passed make compare; it is currently building
> >the Java library. So at least for RHAW 2.1/ia64, HJ's patch solves
> >the problem.
> Since I am not hearing anything negative, I'll approve the patch.
> HJ, pelase check in ASAP, and let me know when that has been done.
I checked it into gcc 4.0, 3.4 and src.