This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: new implementation of bitmap boolean operations
- From: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 13:53:39 +0000
- Subject: Re: new implementation of bitmap boolean operations
- Organization: Codesourcery LLC
- References: <418A1B09.firstname.lastname@example.org> <418A2E6E.email@example.com>
Paolo Bonzini wrote:
rather than optimizing this more and more, I'd look into using Michael
Hayes' bitset library that is already used by bison; this is made much
easier by your previous patches to use different names for the various
thanks for that pointer. I don't think inserting that library is a stage
3 task. It does provide a nice implementation abstraction -- replacing
compile time type info with rtti. Is that a win overall? I don't know.
The implementation of lbitmap (the sparse bitmaps) is effectively the
current implementation I'm ripping up. In particular the boolean operation
function is bitmap_operation.
Nathan Sidwell :: http://www.codesourcery.com :: CodeSourcery LLC
firstname.lastname@example.org :: http://www.planetfall.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk