This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[patch] passes.c: Remove a cut-n-paste error.
- From: Kazu Hirata <kazu at cs dot umass dot edu>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: bonzini at gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 08:28:07 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: [patch] passes.c: Remove a cut-n-paste error.
Attached is a patch to remove a cut-n-paste error.
If you look at the patch, it's obvious that there is the same code
repeated twice. I don't know the gory details about those functions
called within the "if" statement, but none of them seems to require
two iterations as far as I can tell from their function names.
This error seems to have been introduced in
The patch simply removes the second copy.
Tested on i686-pc-linux-gnu. OK to apply?
2004-11-04 Kazu Hirata <email@example.com>
* passes.c (rest_of_handle_jump): Remove a cut-n-paste error.
RCS file: /cvs/gcc/gcc/gcc/passes.c,v
retrieving revision 2.52
diff -U11 -d -p -r2.52 passes.c
--- passes.c 25 Sep 2004 10:05:09 -0000 2.52
+++ passes.c 4 Nov 2004 00:44:00 -0000
@@ -1294,32 +1294,22 @@ rest_of_handle_jump (void)
/* ??? We may get called either via tree_rest_of_compilation when the CFG
is already built or directly (for instance from coverage code).
The direct callers shall be updated. */
rebuild_jump_labels (get_insns ());
find_basic_blocks (get_insns (), max_reg_num (), dump_file);
- /* ??? We may get called either via tree_rest_of_compilation when the CFG
- is already built or directly (for instance from coverage code).
- The direct callers shall be updated. */
- if (!basic_block_info)
- init_flow ();
- rebuild_jump_labels (get_insns ());
- find_exception_handler_labels ();
- find_basic_blocks (get_insns (), max_reg_num (), dump_file);
close_dump_file (DFI_sibling, print_rtl, get_insns ());