This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch] Fix debug/17406
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Danny Smith <danny_smith_0000 at yahoo dot co dot nz>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 09:46:48 -0800
- Subject: Re: [Patch] Fix debug/17406
- References: <email@example.com>
On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 10:24:41AM +1300, Danny Smith wrote:
> I confess that I do not quite understand all the rules in
> dwarf2out_frame_debug_expr, but setting cfa_temp.reg to EAX here seems
> wrong, Simply removing the flag from this instruction (as suggested by
> the Big Picture comment in dwarf2out.c) fixes the later assert failure
> when restoring EAX and saving to stack
I can't believe this is correct. Otherwise the dwarf2 bits do not,
while processing the allocate_stack_worker insn, have the size of
the allocated stack.
I tried to reproduce this myself but got
z.c:1: error: target system does not support the "dwarf-2" debug format
What is going on with this?