This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] PR 18096: Diagnose stack frame overflow in rs6000.c
- From: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- To: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 17:41:07 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR 18096: Diagnose stack frame overflow in rs6000.c
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
On Oct 30, 2004, at 9:38 AM, Roger Sayle wrote:
My proposed fix is to tweak "rs6000_emit_allocate_stack" to correctly
use gen_int_mode rather than GEN_INT to correct the problem, but then
to clear my conscience I also check for such an overflow, and generate
a diagnostic warning, and emit a trap instruction, such that if the
function is ever called at run-time we abort rather than introduce
I'm thinking this should be a hard error, not a warning.