This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [3.4 PATCH] Fix miscompilation of Ada compiler on Alpha
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at act-europe dot fr>
- Cc: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 22:11:03 -0800
- Subject: Re: [3.4 PATCH] Fix miscompilation of Ada compiler on Alpha
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <email@example.com>
Eric Botcazou wrote:
Hello Richard and Mark,
We very recently discovered that the 3.4.x Ada compiler is miscompiled on
Alpha (alphaev56-dec-osf5.1 but probably present on alpha-*-*), more
precisely the RTL inliner. The problem pertains to the use of (void *)-1 as
the return value of try_to_integrate. I've attached a C testcase that fails
at -O2 because of the bug.
The fix is very safe but it was only tested through a C,C++,Ada bootstrap with
our 3.4.x-based compiler and verifying that the inliner doesn't segfault
anymore, so Richard might want to give it a whirl on a full testing cycle.
OK for 3.4 branch?
I'm not going to review this patch; I don't know enough about the Alpha
back end. If Richard approves this patch, it's OK for 3.4.3, unless
I've announced that I'm spinning the actual release.