This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[patch] tree-phinodes.c: Make sure an edge exist before adding aPHI argument.
- From: Kazu Hirata <kazu at cs dot umass dot edu>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 09:09:22 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: [patch] tree-phinodes.c: Make sure an edge exist before adding aPHI argument.
Attached is a patch to tell add_phi_arg to reject a request to add a
PHI argument if its associated edge does not exist.
One case that's trapped by the new gcc_assert is thread_block in
tree-ssa-threadupdate.c, but that's fixed by
I briefly looked over uses of add_phi_args. I didn't find any place
where PHI arguments are added before an edge. According to Steven
Bosscher, thread_block should be the only place that does that as far
as he knows.
Tested on i686-pc-linux-gnu on top of
OK to apply?
2004-10-30 Kazu Hirata <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* tree-phinodes.c (add_phi_arg): Add an assertion that the
edge already exists.
RCS file: /cvs/gcc/gcc/gcc/tree-phinodes.c,v
retrieving revision 2.15
diff -u -d -p -r2.15 tree-phinodes.c
--- tree-phinodes.c 30 Oct 2004 00:13:52 -0000 2.15
+++ tree-phinodes.c 30 Oct 2004 02:48:19 -0000
@@ -295,12 +295,14 @@ create_phi_node (tree var, basic_block b
add_phi_arg (tree *phi, tree def, edge e)
+ basic_block bb = e->dest;
int i = PHI_NUM_ARGS (*phi);
+ gcc_assert (bb == bb_for_stmt (*phi));
if (i >= PHI_ARG_CAPACITY (*phi))
tree old_phi = *phi;
- basic_block bb;
/* Resize the phi. Unfortunately, this will relocate it. */
resize_phi_node (phi, ideal_phi_node_len (i + 4));
@@ -311,13 +313,6 @@ add_phi_arg (tree *phi, tree def, edge e
/* The result of the phi is defined by this phi node. */
SSA_NAME_DEF_STMT (PHI_RESULT (*phi)) = *phi;
- /* Extract the basic block for the PHI from the PHI's annotation
- rather than the edge. This works better as the edge's
- destination may not currently be the block with the PHI node
- if we are in the process of threading the edge to a new
- destination. */
- bb = bb_for_stmt (*phi);
/* Update the list head if replacing the first listed phi. */