This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [committed] fixincludes: less va_list rewriting
- From: Geoffrey Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- To: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 29 Oct 2004 13:17:38 -0700
- Subject: Re: [committed] fixincludes: less va_list rewriting
- References: <FF615617-2954-11D9-AB47-000D9330C092@apple.com>
Mike Stump <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> We can avoid rewriting va_list, if the file included <stdarg.h> or if
> there is some other form of protection.
> Tested on darwin.
Who approved this patch?
You'll note that in the Radar for this, what I proposed was:
> So my suggestion would be that if this fix is bothering you, split it
> into two parts, one part for standard files, another part for files
> that might be expecting the definition from stdio.h, and give the
> second part a bypass that includes 'stdarg.h'.
which is not what you did, and in fact your change is wrong because of
it. Please back your change out.