This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fix PR 16728
- From: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- To: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 16:12:56 -0500
- Subject: Re: Fix PR 16728
- Organization: Red Hat / Chicago
- References: <email@example.com>
>When copying a pointer into another, we should also merge the flow
>sensitive information. This first showed up on tree-cleanup-branch with
>the more aggressive copy propagator. I'm rather surprised that it had
>never showed up on mainline.
Sweet. This had been broken for three months. Now it's possible to run
the full performance testsuites on mainline...
>The original test is only run with 'make check-performance' on
>libstdc++. I'd like to move/copy this test into the regular 'make
>check', but I don't know my way around libstdc++/testsuite. Could one
>of the libstdc++ folks give me a pointer? Where could I put this test?
>It's a runtime test that needs '-O2 -pthread' to run.
So is the test for this going to live in libstdc++? Dunno. I suppose
you'd add the smallest possible test that broke somewhere (where?), like
the testsuite/thread tests that get run all the time.